Our greatest goal is to give you the healthy, straight, beautiful smile that you've always wanted. We understand that choosing to receive orthodontic care is a big decision, and we respect your reasons for wanting to improve the way you look and feel. Our practice will work with you every step of the way to make sure that your orthodontic care is as rewarding as possible. Our practice utilizes the latest technology, offering a variety of safe and gentle treatment options to give you the customized, individual care you deserve.
Safety measures during COVID-19
At Orthodontics of Melrose, the health and safety of our patients is our top priority. We have implemented the infection control measures recommended by the American Dental Association, the CDC, OSHA, and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
- All patients are screened for COVID-19 symptoms before their appointments and have their temperature measured upon arrival.
- HEPA filters have been placed in both the waiting and treatment rooms to eliminate pathogens from the environment.
- Plexiglass barriers are placed at the front desk to facilitate a contactless check-in and check-out process.
- Patients are instructed to wait in our parking lot until their appointment time to ensure social distancing guidelines are met.
- We have reduced our treatment room capacitiy by 50% to ensure an appropriate distance between patients.
- Hand sanitizer, masks, and gloves are available to all patients.
- All patients rinse with hydrogen peroxide mouthwash before being seated.
- All staff are monitored on a daily basis for possible symptoms and exposure, and wear the appropriate personal protection equiptment in the office.
Every smile starts with an initial consultation!
Your initial consultation will give you the opportunity to meet our team, learn more about orthodontics, receive a complete initial exam, and find out which treatment options will best meet your needs. During your initial consultation, we will:
- Review your dental and medical history forms
- Provide a complete oral exam, with X-rays, to determine whether treatment is necessary
- Help you create a customized treatment plan
- Discuss all financial information, insurance options, and payment plans
Our team will be glad to answer any questions you may have, and we will provide all of the information that you need to determine which treatment is right for you. Please contact our practice to schedule your initial consultation.
What happens after the initial consultation?
You're one step closer to achieving the smile you've always wanted! After your consultation, we will schedule your first appointment and your doctor will place your new orthodontic appliance. This appointment generally takes about an hour, and during this time our team will be available to make sure that you are as comfortable as possible.
Visiting the orthodontist about every four to eight weeks is an important part of your orthodontic treatment. Our practice will work with you to make sure that your appointments are as convenient as possible. When scheduling appointments, please let us know what days and times work best for you.
We understand that “life happens”! If you're running late or need to reschedule, please let us know and we will do everything we can to accommodate you. When you're ready to schedule your first appointment, contact our practice and our friendly scheduling coordinator will assist you. We're looking forward to working with you.
Visiting the dentist during orthodontic treatment
It is very important that you continue to visit your family dentist once every six months, even during your orthodontic treatment, for teeth cleanings and routine dental checkups. If extra dental care is needed, we will be happy to coordinate with your family dentist to make sure that you are receiving the best care possible.